Friday, March 16, 2007

"I hope the public will get very angry about this"

Well, Rep. Suzanne Jeskewitz is getting what she wants about technical college faculty salaries, a very angry public: Just talked to a friend who teaches full-time at the Madison Area Technical College. I asked him what he could get right now, in Madison, by going to a private company (and he's not in a classic tech field with high pay, like the medical profession or anything). His answer: $110,000 easy, staying in town. And he hastened to add that it would be a lower workload, just as I figured.

More to the point, he said, he's preparing 30 people every year for good, high-paying jobs in Wisconsin. "That's what I do for my state", and he continued, the question for the Jeskewitz is (forgive the harsh language, but I promised to quote him precisely):
What the fuck do you do for Wisconsin, you parasite?
Good question. (For the record, before she started earning her money denigrating higher education, here's a sketch of what she did. A fair bit of blood sucking even then.) By the way, man, if you happen to read this: Happy St. Patrick's ... didn't get a chance to wish you that this morning.

No comments: