Thursday, May 24, 2007

Breaking: MLA report released

Here you can read the long-awaited Modern Language Association report on "Foreign Languages and Higher Education: New Structures for a Changed World". (See earlier discussion here.)

I see a huge fan, spinning wildly. I see some vast blob of something brown and organic-looking moving toward it. Oh. My. God. They're about to collide. Run, run for your lives!

I'll have more to say later, but right now I'm busier than … [dramatic pause, while I consider which colorful expression to run with] … a one-eyed cat watchin' two mouse holes. [Disappointed by that choice? Google busier than a and take your pick. The billygoat one I didn't know before but it seemed a little out there for the context. One-legged man in an asskicking contest is tired, ditto for one-armed paperhanger with the hives (or other serious itches).]

2 comments:

Christa Allan said...

A new MLA report? Long live Noodletools and Easy Bib. Yea, though I walk in the shadow of ever-changing citations, these websites will be my shepherds.

Mr. Verb said...

Ha! I share your sentiments and have since the 1970s. But check out the report -- it's really about the fundament structure of language departments. It's like they've realized that there's something more to the world than bibliographic formatting. Hallelujah.

I'll post on it as soon as time permits.