Sunday, July 08, 2007

The game of blog tag

Well, the Ridger has tagged me, in a blogging game. These are the rules:
This is another meme experiment:
  1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
  2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
  3. People who are tagged need to write in their own blog about their eight things and include these rules in the post.
  4. At the end of your post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
  5. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.
Now, this is an exercise that I wouldn't do normally, and it's way out of character for this blog somehow, but The Ridger's Greenbelt is one of my favorite blogs, so I'll play. Can't bring myself to tag eight other bloggers yet, though.

Eight random facts/habits, hopefully in the intended spirit of things:
  1. I strongly agree with the new cliche that unattended children in restaurants should be given espressos and free puppies.
  2. Blogging is extremely difficult but it's a good challenge to learn to think about discussing language outside of narrow academic circles.
  3. I closely follow the local weather.
  4. These days, I work harder and harder to understand earlier linguists — it would be nice not to reinvent quite so many wheels.
  5. Living off the grid doesn't sound like a bad idea a lot of days, except that this blog would become too much like Ted Kaczynski's notebooks.
  6. Many years ago, I regularly baked bread that you probably would have paid money for.
  7. I dislike handguns intensely, but like shotguns just fine.
  8. In school, I flunked some classes.
So there. I'll try to tag some folks eventually ...

3 comments:

The Ridger, FCD said...

Awwwww, thank you!

Again, sorry to pick on you, but every blogger I read who does like to play these things has already done it... This one will cover the world in less than 8 turns if everybody played!

Mr. Verb said...

You're quite welcome,

Oscar Madison said...

Although I didn't pick up the meme/tag thing myself, I found your 8 things to be very interesting.

goghwm -- A Van Gogh-like act of whimsy, such as cutting off one's ear to pique an uninterested love object.