(1) The NYT has spoken on "To Be 'Verbed' or Not 'Verbed', re the new (commercial) to bing. Not noticed about this in the blogosphere that I've seen is that they give a paradigm:
- I bing
- she bings
- he bang
- you had bung
- they are binging
- let's bing!
(2) Science is doing swearing. The piece is pretty funny, but I'm seriously skeptical that they're onto anything here. This is what Science spends its space on?
(3) Safire has spoken up for singular they.
(4) Palin's speech has finally been decoded:
Come on: it makes more sense than any other view out there.
* No, not that Noam C., Noam Cohen in this case.