Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Stim

Am I the only one who finds the use of 'the stim' for Obama's economic stimulus proposal a tiny bit odd?





I knew that as a video game term, and now a contributor to this blog points out to me recently that it has a sexual meaning. Both are laid out here, though the latter doesn't get a very positive response from readers. Various progressive media types are using the short form for the economic stimulus, and Olbermann is doing it consistently, it seems like.

Of course, the collocation with 'package' probably exacerbates it.

Image from here.

2 comments:

Tim The Nomad said...

Hi, I'm curious where you got the image of the Stim drinks. My reason is quite simple. I lived close to the Stim factory in Ma'alla. I haven't this image anywhere else on the web and I want to get my hands on it!

Mr. Verb said...

See the link in the post. Is it good stuff?