Tuesday, February 15, 2011

News from Wisconsin

Pic below from someone who spent time today at the Capitol. Sounds like it was amazing.


But I digress. There's massive response to Mubarak's, I mean Walker's, efforts to strip people of pretty basic rights, with apparently up around 15,000 people in and around the Capitol today. That's an estimate from the AFL-CIO; the one I heard from early afternoon was 13,000.

At 7:00, I myself saw that there were large numbers of people coming INTO the building and a really large rally going on outside, bigger than many rallies in recent years. That's eight hours after this started. Some unions are calling for basically a sleep over. My god, that's inspiring.

Things continue tomorrow and it's important that people turn out in big numbers. It's a hard fight and as far as I can tell, it's just barely beginning.

PS: If you don't know, the particular shape of the 'W' is the University of Wisconsin sports logo and the statue, if you can't read it, is "Fightin' Bob" La Follette.

No comments: